jQuery Mobile Supported Platforms
jQuery Mobile has broad support for the vast majority of all modern desktop, smartphone, tablet, and e-reader platforms. In addition, feature phones and older browsers are supported because of our progressive enhancement approach. We're very proud of our commitment to universal accessibility through our broad support for all popular platforms.
We use a 3-level graded platform support system: A (full), B (full minus Ajax), C (basic HTML). The visual fidelity of the experience and smoothness of page transitions are highly dependent on the CSS rendering capabilities of the device and platform so not all A grade experience will be pixel-perfect but that's the nature of the web.
* Note: If jQuery core 1.8+ is used with jQuery Mobile, iOS 3.x and BB5 are re-graded to C level support because core dropped support for methods these platforms need for full functionality.
A-grade - Full enhanced experience with Ajax-based animated page transitions.
- Apple iOS 3.2*-6.1 - Tested on the original iPad (4.3 / 5.0), iPad 2 (4.3 / 5.1 / 6.1), iPad 3 (5.1 / 6.0), iPad Mini (6.1), 3GS (4.3), 4 (4.3 / 5.1), and 4S (5.1 / 6.0), and 5 (6.0)
- Android 2.1-2.3 - Tested on the HTC Incredible (2.2), original Droid (2.2), HTC Aria (2.1), Google Nexus S (2.3). Functional on 1.5 & 1.6 but performance may be sluggish, tested on Google G1 (1.5)
- Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) - Tested on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Motorola XOOM
- Android 4.0 (ICS) - Tested on a Galaxy Nexus. Note: transition performance can be poor on upgraded devices
- Android 4.1-4.2 (Jelly Bean) - Tested on a Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy 7
- Windows Phone 7.5-7.8 - Tested on the HTC Surround (7.5), HTC Trophy (7.5), LG-E900 (7.5), Nokia Lumia 800 (7.8)
- Blackberry 6-7 - Tested on the Torch 9800 (6) and Style 9670 (6), BlackBerry® Torch 9810 (7)
- Blackberry Playbook (1.0-2.0) - Tested on PlayBook
- Palm WebOS (1.4-3.0) - Tested on the Palm Pixi (1.4), Pre (1.4), Pre 2 (2.0), HP TouchPad(3.0)
- Firefox Mobile 18 - Tested on Android 2.3 and 4.1 devices
- Chrome for Android 18 - Tested on Android 4.0 and 4.1 devices
- Skyfire 4.1 - Tested on Android 2.3 device
- Opera Mobile 11.5-12: Tested on Android 2.3
- Meego 1.2 - Tested on Nokia 950 and N9
- Tizen (pre-release) - Tested on early hardware
- Samsung Bada 2.0 - Tested on a Samsung Wave 3, Dolphin browser
- UC Browser - Tested on Android 2.3 device
- Kindle 3, Fire, and Fire HD - Tested on the built-in WebKit browser for each
- Nook Color 1.4.1 - Tested on original Nook Color, not Nook Tablet
- Chrome Desktop 16-24 - Tested on OS X 10.7 and Windows 7
- Safari Desktop 5-6 - Tested on OS X 10.8
- Firefox Desktop 10-19 - Tested on OS X 10.7 and Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7-9 - Tested on Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Opera Desktop 10-12 - Tested on OS X 10.7 and Windows 7
B-grade - Enhanced experience except without Ajax navigation features.
- Blackberry 5.0*: Tested on the Storm 2 9550, Bold 9770
- Opera Mini 7 - Tested on iOS 5.1 and Android 2.3
- Nokia Symbian^3 - Tested on Nokia N8 (Symbian^3), C7 (Symbian^3), also works on N97 (Symbian^1)
C-grade - Basic, non-enhanced HTML experience that is still functional
- Blackberry 4.x - Tested on the Curve 8330
- Windows Mobile - Tested on the HTC Leo (WinMo 5.2)
- All older smartphone platforms and featurephones - Any device that doesn't support media queries will receive the basic, C grade experience