- Built on jQuery core for familiar and consistent jQuery syntax and minimal learning curve
- Compatible with all major mobile & desktop platforms - iOS, Android, Blackberry, Palm WebOS, Nokia/Symbian, Windows Mobile, Opera Mobile/Mini, Firefox Mobile and all modern desktop browsers.
- Lightweight size (~20k compressed for all mobile functionality) and minimal image dependencies for speed.
- HTML5 Markup-driven configuration of pages and behavior for fast development and minimal required scripting.
- Progressive enhancement approach brings core content and functionality to all mobile, tablet and desktop platforms and a rich, installed application-like experience on newer mobile platforms.
- Automatic initialization by using HTML5
data-role attributes in the HTML markup to act as the trigger to automatically initialize all jQuery Mobile widgets found on a page.
- Accessibility features such as WAI-ARIA are also included to ensure that the pages work for screen readers (e.g. VoiceOver in iOS) and other assistive technologies.
- Touch and moust event support streamline the process of supporting touch, mouse, and cursor focus-based user input methods with a simple API.
- UI widgets enhance native controls with touch-optimized, themable controls.
- Powerful theming framework and ThemeRoller application make highly-branded experiences easy to build.