Supported platforms in Beta 2
At this stage, jQuery Mobile works on the vast majority of all modern desktop, smartphone, tablet, and e-reader platforms. In addition, feature phones and older browsers are also supported because of our progressive enhancement approach. We're very proud of our commitment to universal accessibility through our broad support for all popular platforms.
Our graded support matrix was created over a year ago based on our goals as a project and since that time, we've been refining our grading system based on real-world device testing and the quickly evolving mobile landscape. To provide a quick summary of our browser support in Beta 1, we've created a simple A (full), B (full minus Ajax), C (basic) grade system with notes of the actual devices and versions we've been testing on in our lab.
The visual fidelity of the experience is highly dependent on CSS rendering capabilities of the device and platform so not all A grade experience will be pixel-perfect but that's the nature of the web. We'll be adding additional vendor-prefixed CSS rules to bring transitions, gradients and other visual improvements to non-WebKit browsers in future releases so look for even more added visual polish as we move towards 1.0.
A-grade - Full enhanced experience with Ajax-based animated page transitions.
- Apple iOS 3.2-5.0 beta: Tested on the original iPad (3.2 / 4.3), iPad 2 (4.3), original iPhone (3.1), iPhone 3 (3.2), 3GS (4.3), and 4 (4.3 / 5.0 beta)
- Android 2.1-2.3: Tested on the HTC Incredible (2.2), original Droid (2.2), Nook Color (2.2), HTC Aria (2.1), Google Nexus S (2.3) NEW. Functional on 1.5 & 1.6 but performance may be sluggish, tested on Google G1 (1.5)
- Android Honeycomb NEW - Tested on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Windows Phone 7: Tested on the HTC 7 Surround
- Blackberry 6.0: Tested on the Torch 9800 and Style 9670
- Blackberry Playbook: Tested on PlayBook version 1.0.1 / 1.0.5
- Palm WebOS (1.4-2.0): Tested on the Palm Pixi (1.4), Pre (1.4), Pre 2 (2.0)
- Palm WebOS 3.0 NEW - Tested on HP TouchPad
- Firebox Mobile (Beta): Tested on Android 2.2
- Opera Mobile 11.0: Tested on the iPhone 3GS and 4 (5.0/6.0), Android 2.2 (5.0/6.0), Windows Mobile 6.5 (5.0)
- Kindle 3: Tested on the built-in WebKit browser included in the Kindle 3 device
- Chrome Desktop 11-13 - Tested on OS X 10.6.7 and Windows 7
- Firefox Desktop 3.6-4.0 - Tested on OS X 10.6.7 and Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7-9 - Tested on Windows XP, Vista and 7 (minor CSS issues)
- Opera Desktop 10-11 - Tested on OS X 10.6.7 and Windows 7
B-grade - Enhanced experience except without Ajax navigation features.
- Blackberry 5.0: Tested on the Storm 2 9550, Bold 9770
- Opera Mini (5.0-6.0) - Tested on iOS 3.2/4.3
- Windows Phone 6.5 - Tested on the HTC
- Nokia Symbian^3 NEW - Tested on Nokia N8 (Symbian^3), C7 (Symbian^3), also works on N97 (Symbian^1)
C-grade - Basic, non-enhanced HTML experience that is still functional
- Blackberry4.x: Tested on the Curve 8330
- All older smartphone platforms and featurephones - Any device that doesn't support media queries will receive the basic, C grade experience
Not Officially Supported - May work, but haven't been thoroughly tested or debugged
- Meego - Originally a target platform, but Nokia decision to relegate this platform to "experimental", we are considering dropping support.
- Samsung Bada - The project doesn't currently have test devices or emulators, but current support is known to be fairly good. Support level undecided for 1.0.